Friday, July 22, 2011

Kosher Deli+Bacon=Yum!

Coming from a Jewish background, I am quite the fan of good old fashioned kosher Delis. You would think that living in New Orleans wouldn't give me many opportunities to indulge in this nostalgic vice, but you are wrong. This lovely city has two such Delis, one a legitimate kosher restaurant called Kosher Cajun in Metairie, and one faux kosher-"style" deli called Stein's Market and Deli in the Garden District. Though it makes my parents very sad, I much prefer the unkosher, bacon-serving version of these two restaurants. As if that's not bad enough, my favorite sandwich there is the Southern Animal Foundation (S.A.F.), which mixes milk and meat and has bacon... oops! 
This incredible sandwich is comprised of honey turkey, Nueske's bacon, avocado, cucumber, with your choice of cheese (I like Swiss) on wheat bread, yummmmmmm. Try it, you won't regret it!!! 
Stein's Market & Deli on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment