Saturday, April 16, 2011

Delachaise

After months of jonesin for some goose fat french fries I finally achieved my goal! Eric and I attempted to go to Delachaise twice before finally making it there. Between flash floods and Rally's tempting us across the street we came very close on two separate occasions, but no dice until last week.
After months of dreaming of these fries I have to say that I wasn't blown away. Maybe I was expecting too much but they honestly just tasted like really good french fries. They were better than the Burger King variety that I had that afternoon, but not too different. No hint of goose fat could even be detected. But they did serve them with two really interesting sauces, one horseradish mayo (which I loved) and a peanut sauce that was a little too thick and sweet for my taste. It still was definitely worth the 6 bucks, but, the frog legs stole the show. I highly recommend them. They are super tender and delicious, and not something you see everyday.
These frog legs were lightly battered and fried, then drizzled with a slightly sweet Vietnamese sauce. We couldn't put our finger on exactly what the sauce was but it tasted spectacular. The meat itself is a strange hybrid texture, somewhere in between the consistency of chicken and white fish.

And of course, last but not least, Delachaise is a Wine Bar afterall so we did drink some lovely wine with our dinner. I am not a wine expert in the least (so I won't give any tips or recommendations) but I'm trying to learn more about the craft so hopefully soon I'll be able to expound upon my wine adventures!
Delachaise Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment