Tuesday, May 3, 2011

NOprojects

For those of you who don't know, I actually started this food blog because I just really like writing, and since I also love food and food blogs seem to be all the rage now I thought other people would enjoy it too. But my main agenda was to create something that would help me get a writing job. With my double major in Dance and African Studies, I don't sound that legit to big publications. Now I know that food blogs are the very bottom of the writing food chain, and probably not taken seriously at all I had to start somewhere and this is where it landed me!

I've had a ton of fun writing and eating and publishing pictures of fun food adventures, but I finally did a slightly more serious project. Because I still only know how to use blogger it technically is a blog, but it's really meant to be a webpage.

NOprojects.blogspot.com is my final independent study project at Tulane University (and I've had a lot). It tracks the disappearance of Public Housing Projects post Katrina and gives some answers to a lot of unanswered questions. It's a project that really means a lot to me and that I've worked on for a long time now. If you're interested check it out. I hope yall enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment