Saturday, September 24, 2011

A New Era

I have good news and bad news... Bad news is I no longer have much time to write these lovely posts, but the good news is I still have a million gorgeous pictures of scrumptious food that I just can't let go to waste. So for the time being, the Hungry Heretic is going to act as a gastronomic photo diary. I know that photos are at least 90% of why most people like food blogs so hopefully no one will be too disappointed. And to kick off this new phase of the Hungry Heretic, feast your eyes on the tantalizing pictures of Lilette, one of my favorite restaurants in the city, starting with my favorite dishWhite truffle parmigiano toast with wild mushrooms, marrow and veal glace -12- I'm literally drooling.

Raw fish plate of the day -13- (2nd best appetizer I've had)
Potato gnocchi with sage brown butter and
parmigiano cream -9.5-

Raw salad of brussel sprout, beet, onion, fennel, carrot, arugula, hazelnut and Banyuls vinaigrette -9.5-
 Bouillabaisse with lobster, scallop, cod, shrimp, clams, mussels and Alaskan king crab claw in a saffron-lobster broth with rouille crouton -38- 
Yummmmmm!!!!! Pricey but soooo good and enormous! It's big enough for two if you get apps. 
 Paneed black drum with Israeli cous cous, leeks,
tomato and ver jus mussel butter -28-
 Grilled Hawaiian fish of the day with braised escarole, 
sunchoke puree and satsuma-basil butter -31- The Basil was overwhelmingly delicious!
Quenelles of goats cheese crème fraiche with poached pears, pistachios and lavender honey -8.5-This dessert was what made me decide that Chef/Owner John Harris and I have the exact same taste in food, palette soul mates if you will. 
Lilette on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment