Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Southern Fried Chicken McGriddle

I'm pretty sure I did a happy dance when I first heard McDonald's started serving fried chicken McGriddles. Not only do I LOVE fried chicken, but I also secretly can't resist a Mcgriddle now and then (so gross, but so good). The thought of sweet syrup infused hot cakes surrounding crispy salty chicken almost brought tears to my eyes.
I had high hopes for this new breakfast item, but unfortunately it was incredibly disappointing. Unlike a traditional McGriddle (which comes with eggs, cheese, hot cakes, and sausage or bacon) this sandwich is just hot cakes and an over-sized chicken nugget. No sauce, cheese, bacon, or sausage.
 I ended up just eating the chicken separately from the tiny syrup infused pancakes. Super disappointing. It would be infinitely better with eggs and bacon, but apparently that's not an option. 
Plus, it costs more than a regular McGriddle. Not cool, Mickey D's, not cool.
McDonald's on Urbanspoon

1 comment: